Rutgers School of Engineering is a place of possibilities—for students seeking success, for researchers seeking to create new technologies, and for faculty members and industry leaders seeking to form powerful and productive partnerships.
Rutgers University’s School of Engineering is a vibrant academic community whose richly diverse students and faculty are committed to globally sustainable engineering. Its mission is built on a commitment to fostering the integration of education and research to achieve transformational innovation that is ethically responsible and sustainable.
Educate and train the future engineers for a complex, diverse, and global workplace.
- Provide innovative, high quality, relevant education to undergraduate and graduate students using the latest technology and educational techniques.
- Engage a diverse student body that exemplifies the core values of an engineering education for the purpose of improving and developing systems that solve complex problems and improve quality of life.
Conduct state-of-the-art and relevant research that embraces technology to address societal challenges of a multi-faceted United States and a globally connected world.
- Conduct cutting-edge research in strategically important engineering areas.
- Create an environment to encourage and assist faculty to become research leaders in their fields, gaining further national and international recognition.
Serve as a resource to local, state, and regional stakeholders to advance the public interest.
- Promote economic development through technology, entrepreneurship, and innovation.
Get started now
To learn more about the Rutgers University’s online master’s degrees in engineering and download a brochure, fill out this form. You can also reach an academic advisor directly by calling 888-976-4384 (toll-free).
Our history of excellence in education and innovation has earned Rutgers the following national and world rankings:
- #1 Public University in New Jersey (U.S. News & World Report)
- #23 National Public University (U.S. News & World Report)
- #24 Industrial and Systems Engineering Graduate Programs (U.S. News & World Report)
- #32 Aerospace/Aeronautical/Astronautical Engineering Programs (U.S. News & World Report)
- #33 Best College for Veterans (U.S. News & World Report)
- #48 Mechanical Engineering Programs (U.S. News & World Report)
- #29 University in the U.S. (Center for World University Rankings)
- #62 Best Engineering Schools (U.S. News & World Report)